Clear Channel Communications, Inc. is the world’s largest radio and outdoor advertising company with leading market positions in each of its two business segments: Media & Entertainment and Outdoor. Clear Channel is also one of the most innovative media players in the market – a leader in the converging media space, having developed best-in-class integrated media offers (e.g. Radio/Web) and having built significant positions in the HD arena.
The Market President is the senior leadership role responsible for revenue growth for CC M+E’s broadcast, digital, and live entertainment products while delivering the highest sustainable profit margins and protecting the station’s license. The Market President is the most senior member of a market’s management team and serves as the cultural anchor for all employees by role modeling the CC M+E values and operating principles. The Market President is responsible for the overall success of the brands within the market including both the product and sales.
A deep knowledge of business development, client relationship building, and sales is ideal. The Market President position reports to a regional Executive Vice President of Operations.
- Develop and manage key partnerships with current and potential clients that grows revenue across CC M+E platforms (e.g., Broadcast radio, iHeartRadio, Premiere, Live Events, etc.)
- Work directly with CEOs and CMOs to create marketing strategies
- Build relationships within the community with local governments, local media, charitable organizations, and industry boards to create sales opportunities and build ties
- Attend highest profile account presentations; provide coaching and leadership to more junior sales members
- Execute market specific plans to drive sales growth leveraging companywide initiatives and assets
- Support national sales strategies
- Work on corporate initiatives to support companywide growth and adapt into market specific strategies
- Provide leadership and oversight for direct reports, including guidance and identifying development opportunities
- Drive results through team and hold them accountable to business goals
- P&L ownership for local markets; balance growing sales revenue with operational efficiency to maximize profitability and deliver on goals
- Foster an inclusive high performance culture with high ethical standards
- Provide visible leadership & communications to the market
- Provide regular updates to key stakeholders & implement best practices
The Market President must possess:
- Demonstrated business leadership success and management experience with strong background in revenue generation (sales growth)
- A proven track record of running a successful sales organization
- Success individually driving productive, long-term sales relationships
- Exceptional business acumen and insightful understanding of industry trends & revenue drivers
- Entrepreneurial drive and an ability to organize, prioritize, and clarify deliverables
- Ability to work within a structured environment to communicate local market status to corporate executives
- Ability to make data driven decisions with speed to achieve maximum results
- Ability to make tough business & people decisions, while creating positive energy in the face of challenges
- Ability to drive team performance and execute in a high performance multi-tasking and dynamic culture
- Dynamic presence, stellar written and presentation skills, and excellent communication and influencing abilities across multiple levels
- Ability to create & leverage a highly collaborative operating environment
- Undergraduate degree or appropriate combination of education & experience is required; Graduate degree a plus
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE VISIT WWW.CLEARCAREERS.COM
Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Job LocationSAN ANTONIO, Texas, United States
Copyright © 2003-2013 Clear Channel. All rights reserved.